Chia pudding is almost an everyday recipe in 2023. We certainly didn’t create this recipe, but we have added a touch of Billabong for your enjoyment.
Apart from tasting great, there’s a story. On a hot summer afternoon, one of our kitchen team was unpacking fruit as a storm rolled in. From the heavy air, the citrus scent, and the terracotta and dark colours of the eucalypts came that evening’s dessert.
Chocolate Chia Pudding topped with a layer of orange and passionfruit
Serves 6 generously
- 90 grams chia (we always use black chia)
- 300 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 3-4 level tablespoons cocoa
E 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- Small pinch of any salt
- 3 oranges, peeled and roughly chopped. Keep any juice from your cutting board
- 3 passionfruit, halved ready to scoop
- Candied orange peel (purchased or made)
For the pudding
Put all the ingredients A to G in a large bowl, and whisk vigorously for a few minutes to combine
Pour into six serving bowls while the mixture is still loose.
Cover serving bowls with cling film then leave to thicken in the fridge for at least 4 hours (and overnight is fine.)
For the topping
Place orange pieces and juice into a bowl with the passionfruit.
Spoon the mix over the chocolate chia pudding to create an even layer over the top
Add a piece of candied orange on the top, or edible flowers and nuts. Keep your Billabong summer memories with you