Our Cook Oriana shares her delicious cake recipe.
Preheat oven 190C
-2 medium oranges, fresh whole with rind on
-1 1/4 tsp baking powder
-12 tablespoons of egg replacer (I recommend the Organ Gluten Free Egg Replacer Mix brand)
-1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
-2 3/4 cups almond meal
1.Boil oranges in water for 15 minutes. Drain, then repeat twice more. (ie 3 x 15 minutes) Boiling the oranges removes the bitterness from the white part of the rind. Roughly chop the oranges removing any seeds.
2. Once boiled roughly chop the oranges removing any seeds. Then put in food processor and blitz until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl.
3. Blitz remaining ingredients in food processor for two minutes.Then combine everything together.
4. Pour into a lined 23cm cake pan.
5. Bake for 40-60 minutes at 190C until cake is golden in colour.
6. Serve warm with toasted almond flakes and whipped coconut cream.