This is a great go-to recipe for when a serious cookie is required. The sesame and chocolate combination is just lovely and the texture is solid, which for me is just perfect.
GF, DF, VEGAN
Makes 10-12 cookies
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup arrowroot or tapioca
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Pinch Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180o C. Line a large baking tray and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- Using slightly wet hands, take a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into balls.
- Place balls onto lined baking tray and flatten so each cookie is approximately 1cm thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside and still a little soft inside.
Created by our resident chef, Angie Cowen. Recipe from her brand new cookbook Love Life and Gluten Free www.lovelifeandglutenfree.com
And if you would like to try some of her yummy food, book into a relaxation & yoga retreat at billabong retreat and enjoy her lovely organic delicious meals.